Constant change is one of the characteristics of the technology sector. It often creates opportunities for businesses to grow – or decline – at a much greater pace than is common in most other sectors.
Key drivers of the sector include:
- Managed Service business models based on IT outsourcing
- Explosive growth in data traffic, driving network and mobile infrastructure growth
- Growing appetite for wireless connectivity and associated smartphones and netbook computers
- New business models based on ‘cloud’-based computing, SaaS or software rental offerings
- Recovering IT spend following the recession, balanced by some concerns over UK public sector spending at both the local and national level.
The technology sector is one of Altium’s key areas of focus. We deploy our integrated capabilities across our international network of offices.
Altium has a long and consistent record in the technology sector, having advised on more than 20 transactions across Europe since 2005.