Wanzl Metallwarenfabrik GmbH
Acquisition of Cari-All Group/Technibilt (Cari-All)
Altium acted as financial adviser to Wanzl Metallwarenfabrik GmbH on its acquisition of Cari-All Group and advised Wanzl on the financing of the transaction.
- Wanzl, a 100% family owned company, is headquartered in Leipheim, Germany. Wanzl is the world’s largest manufacturer of shopping carts and other retail systems. Each year, around two million units, in a variety of models, are produced and sold. For decades, the company has continued to develop landmark products for comfortable shopping and retailing that have set new standards worldwide. Today, Wanzl has over 4,000 employees in seven production facilities – in Germany, England, France, the Czech Republic and China.
- Cari-All is the leading manufacturer and distributor of shopping carts, shelving, and backroom equipment to the North American retail market. The Company’s products and services are offered under the brand names Technibilt (in the US), Cari-All and Rondi (in Canada). Cari-All manufactures its products predominantly in Newton, North Carolina (USA), i.e. the entire metal production process, including surface treatment and assembly for shopping trolleys. In addition, there is plastic production in Montreal (Canada) for shopping trolley components (castors etc). The Group employs around 330 co-workers in Newton and Montreal and generated around CAD 80m sales in 2011.
- With effect from 17 January 2012, Wanzl has increased its holding in the Cari-All to 100%. Wanzl has owned a minority holding in the Group since mid-2006. After over five years of co-operation, Wanzl now decided to increase this share to 100%.
- The transaction enables Wanzl to enter the North American market, where Wanzl has previously been of relatively low significance. The acquisition of Cari-All sets a unique opportunity in terms of the Group's global presence. The two dominant shopping trolley manufacturers worldwide are now united under one roof.
- Altium acted as financial adviser to Wanzl on its acquisition of the shares in Cari-All and advised Wanzl on the financing of the transaction.
For further information on this transaction please contact Martin Kuehner, Axel Bauer or Christian Pahls.
<< Click here for further Case Studies