Sale of Seppic SA's alkoxylate business to Arkema
Altium-Arjil acted as financial adviser to Seppic SA on the sale of its alkoxylate business to Arkema.
- With sales of approximately €60 million and 50 employees, the alkoxylate business is the European leader in specialty alkoxylates serving a wide range of industrial clients and markets. Alkoxylates are specialty polyols and alkoxylated surfactants for the paint resins, coatings and adhesives markets.
- The most important activity of the business is the supply of performance intermediates (polyols) for polymer chemistry mainly as synthesis intermediates in niche markets. The product range also includes non-ionic surfactants, plasticizers, coalescents, solvents and de-inking agents.
- Seppic SA (a subsidiary of Air Liquide Group) generates sales of approximately €260 million and is following a strategy to focus on the healthcare and personal care markets.
- Global chemicals company Arkema generates annual revenues of €5.9 billion and has completed several acquisitions and disposals in 2011.
- Altium-Arjil ran a full auction process predominantly amongst international trade buyers. Exclusivity was granted to the ultimate buyer in July and closing took place in December 2011.
- The transaction was a carve-out from the parent group, combining an asset and share deal.
For further information on this transaction please contact Bertrand Dufournier, Pierre Moullade, Otari Sharikadze or Kaloyan Stefanov.
<< Click here for further Case Studies