JWS Churngold Ltd
Sale of JWS Churngold Ltd to Viridor
Altium acted as financial adviser to JWS Churngold Ltd on its sale to Viridor Waste Management Ltd
- JWS Churngold is the waste logistics and transport solutions provider under contract with Global Renewables Lancashire Operations Limited, the contractor to the Lancashire waste management PFI.
- The Company provides transportation of all waste derived from the Lancashire and Blackpool local authorities' transfer stations bound for Global Renewables' PFI treatment facilities at Thornton and Leyland, plus the onwards transfer of all materials for recycling or disposal.
- Viridor Waste Management is a subsidiary of Pennon Group plc and provides waste management and recycling services in the UK.
- Viridor acquired JWS Churngold for a total consideration of up to £14.25m on a debt-free basis.
- The acquisition is in line with Viridor’s strategy of expanding its waste management activities, particularly in the contracts and recycling sectors, and fits into the Group’s existing and planned operations in the North West.
For further information on this transaction please contact Adrian Reed, Chris Hopwood or Elin Sion.
<< Click here for further Case Studies